Broncoplanet 2016 Week 14 Prediction Contest: Broncos-Titans

Share/Bookmark

kraymond-01

The Denver Broncos are 8-4 after last week’s 20-10 victory over the Jaguars in rookie Quarterback Paxton Lynch’s second career start. This week, the 6-6 Titans host Denver at LP Field this Sundays at 11 a.m. MT.

There were 73 entries last week and the winner of the Broncos Super Bowl 50 Ballcap signed by Bronco Linebacker Brandon Marshall was Charlene Wade.

This week, all you need to do is predict the final score of the Broncos-Titans game on 12/11/16 and the total rushing yards for Titans RB DeMarco Murray. The 6th year RB out of Oklahoma has 1,043 rushing yards with 8 TDs through Week 13, trailing only the Cowboys’ Ezekiel Elliott. DeMarco is averaging 89.1 rushing yards per game in 2016.

Tennessee has the 3rd ranked Rushing Offense and will look to attack Denver’s 28th ranked Run Defense and have a young mobile Quarterback in Marcus Mariota, who is the 4th ranked Quarterback in rushing yards this season, with 318 yards on the ground (6.6 avg).

The Broncos and Titans have met on 5 previous occasions since moving from Houston as the Oilers. Denver leads this series 4-1, with a 2-1 record at LP Field.

The Wise Guys currently have Tennessee favored by 1 with the Over/Under set at 43.5  points.

Through Week 12, the Titans Offense ranks 8th in points (25.7), 7th in total yards (382.2), 18th in Passing (240.8) and 3rd in Rushing Offense (141.5). Defensively they are allowing an average of 24.7 points per game (21st). They are 26th in Passing Yards Against, averaging 270.3 yards allowed per game and 7th defending the Run (92.3).

Meanwhile, the Broncos are 13th in Points (23.8), 27th in Passing Yards (236.4) and 6th in Points Allowed (19.1). The No Fly Zone is ranked 1st against the pass, allowing an average of 192.7 yards per game.

The Titans are even in the Turnover department compared to the Broncos +7 rating.

This week’s prize is a Broncos Mini helmet cup holder signed by returner Kalif Raymond, who was lauded by coach Kubiak after last week’s win in Jacksonville.

“I’m encouraged. The thing I like, I like his confidence back there. The kid’s trying to make plays. That one that he didn’t catch, it hurt us field-position-wise. It was very, very difficult to get to. I think he gave us a little juice. He’s a lot fresher than some of them other guys out there; you could see it with his speed. So hopefully we can grow from that.”

Kalif had 40 return yards last week, with his longest run going 22 yards.

The winning entry each week will be posted on the Broncoplanet Facebook page following each game and again in the next prediction post. If you end up a winner, please get a hold of me at kaptainkirk62@yahoo.com or via Facebook or Twitter.

So make your picks.

Your entry must be posted via the Challenge builder site using the box below. Any prediction placed in the comments are ineligible and invalid entries.

Challenge Builder is a site that lets you create and manage your own customized online challenges.

What’s a Challenge?

Whatever you want it to be. Predict the score and key stats for a football game. Guess the birthdate, height, and weight for your sister’s upcoming baby. See who in your office really knows all the Award Show winners before they’re announced. We give you the tools to easily create a challenge for anything you want.

Good luck and…

Go Broncos!

– Kaptain Kirk

Follow me on Twitter

Kaptain Kirk on Facebook