2016 Broncos-Patriots Week 15: Aftermath

Share/Bookmark

denver_newengland

Sometimes the ball bounces your way and sometimes it doesn’t. The Super Bowl aspirations for the 2016 Denver Broncos are getting anorexic, and while that may shock the most staunchest in Broncos Country, the window has been closing for at least a month.

Since their Bye in Week 11, the Broncos are 1-3 with the lone victory coming against the 2-12 Jaguars. With two games left against the two divisional opponents ahead of them, Denver can only hope for a rematch with the Patriots as the last playoff seed.

However, the Broncos Offense is broken.

Take your pick on where to place the blame on this one, but for me, it starts with coaching, the lack of scouting intel on Offensive Linemen, along with the development of said O-Line and finally, we arrive back at play-calling.

In case you were wondering, the last time the Broncos Offense scored was at the 10-minute mark of the 4th Quarter against the Titans, when Emmanuel Sanders caught a 3-yard pass for a Touchdown and then drew a flag for celebration. Like that acne-infested teenager at the high school dance, the Denver Offense just can’t score and it’s frustrating the fanbase to the point of Christmas Grinchery.

Think about it. The Raiders are going to be relevant for the first time in 24 years by making the playoffs. Between Oakland and the Chiefs, the Broncos aren’t performing at the level of play that earned them the last five AFC West Division titles. Two of the three division opponents have stepped up their game to compete at a higher level, one the Broncos demanded from them. But you can’t lead the league in ‘3 and out’s’ with the expectation of defending a Super Bowl championship.

So, we’re 8-6 and off to Kansas City. I guess the next question is;

Will our favorite team end up at 8-8 for the season, or will they win out and rise to the occasion in the postseason?

I’m certainly hoping for the latter scenario.

Go Broncos!

– Kaptain Kirk

Follow me on Twitter

Kaptain Kirk on Facebook