2013 Broncos Predict the Score Contest-Week 1

Share/Bookmark

Wk1 Prediction prize

See this hat? It’s autographed by the Denver Broncos 2013 First round draft pick Sylvester Williams.

How would you like to have it for your very own?

If you have followed me for the last few years, you’ll know that I give away alot of signed swag that I obtain from the Broncos Training Camp each year.

Here’s the catch. All you have to do to win, is go to this site at Challengebuilder.com and predict the score of the Broncos-Ravens game on Thursday. Challenge Builder is a site that lets you create and manage your own customized online challenges. There is also a tiebreaker question to ensure one winner. Challengebuilder will also ensure only one prediction per user is upheld.

Before you make your prediction, let’s make sure you are informed.

Coming off a 13-3 record, an AFC West title and a No. 1 conference seed in 2012, the Denver Broncos (0-0) will host their first ever NFL Kickoff Game when they play the defending Super Bowl-champion Baltimore Ravens (0-0) on Thursday.

WEATHER

The weather forecast calls for a slight Chance of Thunderstorms with a temperature: 62/91f.

ODDS

The Wise Guys in Las Vegas say that Denver is favored by 7.5 points

The Broncos have an all-time record of 33-19-1 on Kickoff Weekend. That (.635) all-time opening-game record ranks second in the NFL. Denver is 6-4 in its last 10 season openers (since 2003). Denver owns a 24-7-1 record in home openers and is 9-11 in road openers. The Broncos will open the season at home for just the third time since 2004. Broncos Head Coach John Fox is 5-6 (.455) all-time on kickoff weekend. The Broncos are 25-4 in home openers during the Pat Bowlen era (1984-Pres.) for an .862 winning percentage that is the best in the NFL. The Ravens lead the series 5-4 during regular season matchups, but the Broncos are 3-1 at Home.

Since 1996, the Broncos own the NFL’s best record in the first month (August/September) of the regular season. The club is 42-20 (.677) in the 62 games it has played in the first month of a season during the past 17 years. Last season, Denver posted a 2-2 record in the month of September.

Here are some of the franchise marks for Broncos Season Openers:

PASSING YARDS

1. Frank Tripucka vs. S.D., 9/7/62 –  376 yards

RUSHING YARDS

1. Quentin Griffin vs. K.C., 9/12/04 – 156 yards

RECEIVING YARDS

1. Shannon Sharpe vs. Buf., 9/3/95 – 180 yards

Good Luck and…

Go Broncos!

– Kaptain Kirk

Follow me on Twitter

Kaptain Kirk on Facebook